This morning I received a very special e-mail. At first, I thought it was nothing, since the sender was my employment agency again. You see, I get e-mails every other day from my employment agency, always stating that they have work for me as a telemarketer. But not this time. No, they had something really special for me, a job that would involve a great deal of responsibility. They wanted me, a 18-year old (almost 19 by the way... YAY) guy, without any prior education in the field, to work as an...
*insert drum roll here*
Air-traffic controller
Yep, "Dafuq" was my first reaction too. Yeah, sure, why not! I'll take the responsibility of hundreds of human lives. No problem! Hmm, I'll just let that plane go there, and then that one goes there. Now we land this one and... Oops! I just sent 660 passengers (actual Boeing 747 passenger capacity) to the next plane (no pun intended) of existence. Well, what do you know? I wasn't that suitable for the job after all!
Now, if they do want me to work in the air-traffic branch, I think a job as a cleaner on the airport would be more suitable for me at the moment. No endangering lives there! Unless I mop the floor a bit too wet and people slip and break their necks or something like that... But that could happen to anyone, right?
So, what I'm trying to say here is, although I might have been laid off at the Albert Heijn, I think I won't take the job. Just sayin'.
Now I'm off to school for some hardcore Spanish studying.
As always, comments are most welcome!
¡Hasta luego!
Babylonian
Bookmarks
Archive
Our Partners
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
So, this will be my first official blog post! Don't mind any typos or slight spelling/grammar mistakes please. I write this blog to i...
-
Just wanted to share this one with you guys, since it's an amazing track. It's a remix of the soundtrack of the first Dutch 3D film...
-
I present you: My first blog! I'm finally going to try and venture into the world of blogging. Let's see if I like this thing. ...
-
... according to the schedule guy at my school. He thinks our (I say our because this is not just for me) lives exist of nothing but school...
-
You all must have experienced this. Don't you all know that moment, when you're standing under the shower, and you think: "Wher...
-
This morning I received a very special e-mail. At first, I thought it was nothing, since the sender was my employment agency again. You see,...

No comments:
Post a Comment